Wednesday, March 24, 2021

My Secret Smile

 A Samhain Time From Long Ago:

So many years ago when Saturn returned,
Who knew the lessons yet unlearned?
We were adrift in a sea of friends that night
Sailing in our darkness, we somehow felt the light
That attracts two lost and kindred souls
To safety amongst the rocks and shoals
Each day I lost more of my heart
On this path I did not chart
And you were hard like cold dark steel
whose secret chinks would not reveal
That you were one who did feel pain
and I was one who could be strong again.
In my arms you could yield
My caring heart would be your shield
I gave you my shoulder, you lent me your hand
And gave me strength so I could stand.
You know I loved you, your bad boy style!
You remain my secret smile.
And though our paths one day did part
You took with you a piece of my heart
You brought me music, you brought me thrills
You took me from a life that kills
the dreams of those like you and me
You changed my life, you set me free
Now you are gone and I still live
This Samhain maybe I'll forgive
My shield was not there to spare
but I hope you know that I did care
I couldn't take away your pain
If I could hold you once again
I would tell you there is hope
Even when you cannot cope
Words are empty when they fall
on your ears if I can't call
Maybe you thought you went alone
But you took a piece of my heart that you own
I hope it's so you will know me when we meet again
We always promised that we'd still be friends
This is not over...

No comments:

Post a Comment