Monday, April 7, 2014

Betrayed


Once was the time, I was in bliss
I had never known feelings like this.
I hardly know where to start
Maybe I start with the heart
It was a strong heart in those days.
It was so true, I knew it'd stay
mine forever, heart so true.
And it was mine, I'd never be blue.
Those hands. So soft and yet strong,
held the treasures that belong
to me. Held in the grip
I was certain would not slip.
With these legs we traveled places.
Explored new exciting spaces.
Those eyes danced brightly with delight
taking in each wonderful sight.
I feel the breath on my face
Those memories will not erase
The times I thought would never end.
The times when you were my best friend.
And now in bed, I am betrayed
on my own, and afraid.
The heart that beat for me in my youth,
is weaker now I'm long in tooth.
The hands, the legs, those eyes so brown
Betrayed me too, they let me down.
Breath is labored, memories elude.
I'll end like this, I must conclude.
Why not fight to keep what's gone?
or let it go and carry on?
I can't let go don't you see
My own body betrayed me.
(How I feel about Fibro and Undifferentiated Connective Tissue Disorder.)
*Written in 2014 before my HSD/hEDS diagnosis 

No comments:

Post a Comment